I have been spending way too much lately, or it definitely feels that way. I feel like I am coming home with new products all the time, and not the cheap ones. I need to start being responsible with my money, even if it means slowing down my shopping a tiny bit. My work is not giving me many hours lately, so funds have been low. I feel bad for asking for more because I know there are people who need the hours more than a girl who just has a shopping addiction.
Anyway, I am going to make a few rules for my non-spending spree:
- I am going to not buy any makeup until after I graduate (June 11th).
- I am going to use up all the products I have hit pan on.
- I am going to put more use to my beautiful, barely touched eyeshadow palettes.
- I am going to use up the foundations and concealers I don't usually use so they don't go to waste.
- I am going to find difference uses for different products such as eyeshadows for highlighting and lipsticks for blush.
- I am going to go through all my products and get rid of anything old or things I don't use.
I made a Makeup Calendar to help me with #3.
Cute, right? This Makeup Calendar is going to help me "shop my stash" and put some use to palettes that don't get played with. I also did a "Blush of the Week" column to use up some blushes I've hit pan on or that need some attention. I really like this idea that I came up with, and I think I'm going to start doing it more often. When you have as much makeup as I do, sometimes you need a little help making sure you get your money's worth...
I hope I go through with this plan!