Summer is coming and I could not be more excited. I have a beach trip planned with friends, a family Florida trip, and I'm sure I'll go on few small weekend trips.
Makeup can be tricky in the summer time. You want to still look good and put together, but the thought of a full face of makeup out in the hot sun is unbearable. I put together a little guide for summer time makeup and makeup that will last under water if you plan on going to the pool or the beach.
Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 $36
- This tinted moisturizer will let you skip sunscreen because it already has an SPF of 20, which means less product on your face.
- The coverage is light, and so is the feel. It feels completely weightless, and fresh on the face. It evens out your skin tone, but doesn't cover everything. If you feel the need to, dab a little bit of concealer over unwanted blemishes.
- Works beautifully with Cover FX Custom Cover Drops if you want some extra coverage.
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer $28
- Everything this concealer claims to do, it does.
- It is completely weightless which is something that I can really appreciate in the summer time.
- It does NOT crease. It is so hard for me to find a concealer that doesn't crease, and I was actually amazed when I saw what this looked like after a 12+ hour long day. Minimal to no creasing. I didn't even cook it!
- No creasing is important because summer can get hot. Your face will be sweating and it is nice to know your makeup isn't going to look gross after an hour of wear outside.
L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation $6.49
- Extremely lightweight
- Medium coverage and buildable
- It looks so flawless and I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this.
- It dries matte
- My face is oily at the end of the day, but I also don't touch up.
- There is a small amount of SPF in this product.
Tarte Cheek Stain $30
- This has a dewy finish which makes you look very healthy and glowy
- Long lasting
- Beautiful for a no makeup-makeup sort of look. Super natural
- Easy to blend out
- Love the smell. It smells like lemons
Benefit High Beam and Sun Beam $26
- Non-powder highlight
- Looks very natural
- Adds such a pretty glow
- Blends beautifully into the skin
- Lasts all day and doesn't make you look like a grease ball
NYX Rouge Cream Blush
- Cream products are really nice and long lasting in the summer
- They blend into the skin a lot nicer than powder
- They don't sit on the facE. Instead they blend into the face
- These NYX cream blushes are long lasting, pigmented, and blendable.
BECCA Beach Tint
- Long lasting color
- Very natural looking
- This product is sheer, but still packs in some nice color. The color that you get on your cheeks lasts all day too.
- Can double as a lip stain also
Makeup Forever Aqua Cream
- These are a cream shadow that last all day long.
- They are very lightweight. Sometimes I have an issue where I can feel a cream shadow on the eyes, which I hate.
- There is a large color range.
- These are waterproof too. The whole Aqua line is waterproof.
Clinque High Impact Waterproof Mascara
- Non irritating or drying
- Waterproof, obviously
- No flaking
- Feels weightless
- Adds length and volume
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- This product will last you a life time. You only need the smallest amount
- Extremely long wearing
- No need to set brows because it keeps them in place.
NYX Butter Glosses
- I prefer lip gloss in the summer because it's sheer, easy color that looks fresh
- NYX Butter Glosses are my favorite lip gloss
- They smell like cupcakes
- They are pigmented for a gloss
- They leave behind a stain when the gloss is gone
- They come in so many colors
- I love this product.
- It is so refreshing
- Makes my makeup last so much longer
- You can use it before or after you apply your makeup
- You can spray some on your foundation brush before you apply your foundation for extra longevity.
- You can use it as a mixing medium to enhance pigments and baked products.
- You can spray on your face throughout the day to freshen things up.
Leave me a comment on this post telling me what your favorite summer products are!