I have a whole bag that is filled with makeup samples. I love deluxe size samples, but the one use samples in the plastic pouches are not practical for me to use, so most of the time they just shoved to the side. Today I wanted to utilize them and create a full face of samples. I hope this encourages you to go through your samples and give them a shot! I'll be talking about each of them and say whether I will be buying the full size or not.
First I used the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage. I actually have two of these deluxe size samples, and I have been loving them. They make you look so luminous. Next I used the Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maraca Face and Body Self Tanner. I have never used a self tanner before, but I wanted to test it out on my face because it's a lot paler than the rest of my body. This stuff smells SO good. It smells kind of like cinnamon buns! It made my face a little tanner, but nothing too crazy, which I like. It made my face match much better with the rest of me.
Next I used the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30. I wanted to see if it would even out my skin because it seemed very pigmented in the little sample. I used medium all over my face and then light to help highlight a little because I didn't have a sample size concealer. For just a tinted primer, this has some crazy coverage. I applied it with my Real Technique Buffing Brush and I was seriously amazed. I've had this sample for a really long time, and I am kicking myself because this is my first time trying it. It is pretty mattifying, but the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base is helping my skin look more luminous. To set everything I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation. I used Light Warm to set my under eyes and everywhere else I highlighted, the Medium Light for everywhere else on the face, and I even went in with Medium Dark to contour with. It just gave a tiny bit of definition.
For cheeks, I went in with NARS Laguna Bronzer and some more contouring with that. Afterwards I went in with the Joise Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape. I had to build it up quite a bit, but the color was really pretty. It gave my cheeks some fresh color. For highlight, I used the Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer. This stuff is beautiful. It really did give a goddess like glow to the skin, and since it is liquid, you could probably mix it in with your foundation to give an even more glowy look. The only problem I had was when I applied this, it started wiping away the Joise Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee. I'm not sure which product's fault that was, but all I did was go back in and apply more Cheek Gelee.
For eyes I tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. I've tried Sin and the Original. The primer potions are the best primers on the market, so I was excited to try Eden. Eden is the matte one of the 4, and it is highly pigmented. I applied way too much at first, so I had to take as buffing brush and buff in the product to smooth it out and take away any excess. Eden completely covered any veins or discoloration on my eyelids. Afterwards I went in with some eyeshadow and did my mascara and brows.
For lips I tried the Makeup Forever Artist Plexi-Gloss in shade 304. On the website it is decried as a red-coral, but it looks very pink on my lips. Regardless, it is really pretty. It's a sheer gloss, but there is definitely still color. It's not super sticky and offers just the right amount of shine.
- MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage. I will purchase the full size.
- Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maraca Face and Body Self Tanner. I would purchase the full size if it was cheaper. It's $39, which is a lot for someone who doesn't always need self tanner.
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30. 100% I will be purchasing the full size. I need to find a different color. Medium was just a little too light for me, but I loved this stuff. It did a great job evening out my skin, and since it is a primer, it lasted all day.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation. This didn't wow me at all. It's just a powder foundation. I think it added a tiny bit of extra coverage, but nothing that made me feel like I needed it.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer. I get this bronzer a lot in the deluxe sample size. I also have it in my NARS Cheek Kit. I don't usually use bronzer, but when I do, it is usually this one. I think it is a great shade for when you need a little bit of extra color. I would buy the full size, but right now, I don't need to.
- Joise Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape. I didn't love this. The fact that it easily rubbed off when I applied the highlighter was a turn off for me. and it didn't blend in as nicely as some of my other cream/gelee products. I much prefer my Tarte Cheek Stains. I won't buy the full size.
- Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer. I would definitely buy the full size of this. It was so pretty, and I think it would look great when doing a natural no-makeup-makeup look. I like it better than my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Spotlight in Opal.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. I would buy the full size. I really liked this stuff. It completely covered up the veins and discoloration I had on my eyelids. I could even use this as an under eye primer to ensure my concealer doesn't crease, and to also give some extra coverage.
- Makeup Forever Artist Plexi-Gloss in shade 304. I was in the market for a new lipgloss, I would definitely keep these in mind. I like that they aren't overly sticky or shiny. There are sheer and opaque formulas to this gloss. I would probably stick with a sheer color. The shine went away after I ate, but it left behind a pretty stain which I like.
Are there any samples you've tried that have made you want the full size? My makeup wishlist just got larger!